Some of you may already know that along with knitting items for others, I also design patterns for knitters to knit. I have worked with some best selling UK magazines over the years but the main one I work for is Let’s Knit! Magazine. It’s only since having Rowan that I haven’t had regular designs on their pages and that’s because I took a step back. I have been designing more for them again lately and one which featured in the April 2018 issue was a cute little cardigan I have named “Taking Flight”.
Since then I have been working on adding the cardigan to my list of items to sell. I knitted up a version for my little rep over in New Zealand since it is winter over there at the minute and quite cold. The results blew me away when I saw the photos of little Makayla wearing it!
How cute does she look in this! I am so happy with the photos! She looks so cute and that bow matches perfectly!
I was going to hold the cardigan until my Autumn/Winter collection but I just couldn’t wait once I received the photos from Makaylas mum, Ophelia. So I have released it into my Etsy shop already!
So here are the facts for you…
- Taking Flight is named after a lovely friend mentioned the pattern reminded her of Geese in the V Formation.
- It is knitted in a super soft merino blend DK yarn which is warm for winter but also not too dense that it can’t be worn as a cover for a cool summer evening.
- The “geese formation” pattern wraps around the back of the cardigan and is also along the cuff of each sleeve.
- It comes in a range of sizes. Currently available are 0-3 months, 3-6 months, 6-12 months, 12-18 months and 18-24 months with larger sizes planned for later in the year.
- There are also a wide range of colours to choose from when ordering this. Pictured above and worn by Makayla is Silver. But just look at all the other colours you can choose from:
If you wanted it in the red from the top magazine photo, Ruby would be your best choice to go for.
So there you have it. Taking Flight is out now and available to order. It currently takes 1-2 weeks from the date of purchase to get this shipped out to you. I am so excited to start making these in all the colours you order! Which colour would you choose? Tell me in the comments below.
Before I go, I just wanted to let you know about the little survey I have going on at the minute. It’s purely just a market research survey and is super short. I’ve been telling people it takes 3 minutes but it seems most people are getting through it in just over 1 minute. Time is precious so I don’t want to take up too much of yours. If you could fill it out for me I would literally be over joyed. Plus it would really help with the future of RowRow and Kades.
Until next time!